- Using both hands, lift the printer in its foam packing out of the box.
- Place the printer on a firm, flat surface and remove the foam packing and the plastic bag from the printer. Locate and remove the ribbon cartridge that is packed within one of the foam panels.
- Included with your XMM801 Printer are a ribbon cartridge, a paper separator, a black serial input/output cable, an owner’s manual, and a warranty card. Make sure you have received all these items.
- Remove the top cover from the printer by slipping your hand under the cover and lifting it up and away from the printer. Then remove the tape and foam packing from the print head inside the printer.
- Lift the printer up from the front and rest it on its back panel. Unscrew and remove the two shipping screws. Replace the top cover.
Serial Input/Output Cable
Note: Save all packing materials for storing or transporting your printer.
CONNECTING THE PRINTER
Choose the right working environment for your printer and for your entire computer system. Avoid places that would expose the components to dust, grease, or extreme temperatures. Lay your printer on a firm, flat surface.
To connect the printer to your computer system, follow these steps:
- Turn off all parts of your ATARI Personal Computer System. Remove the diskettes from your disk drives and turn off all the power from your ATARI Personal Computer System.
- Plug one end of the black serial input/output (SIO) cable that came with your printer into the peripheral port of your computer or into another peripheral in your system.
- Plug the other end of the cable into one of the ports marked SIO on the back panel of the printer.
- Make sure the printer is turned off. (The on/off switch is on the right side of the machine.) Then plug the power cord into a wall outlet or a power strip.