With nearly 30 never-before-published articles and programs, including more than a dozen games, COMPUTE!'s Atari Collection, Volume 2 brings you high-quality software for the Atari personal computer at an affordable price.
Like its forerunner, COMPUTE!'s Atari Collection, Volume 1, this book offers outstanding programs that run on the Atari 400, 800, XL, and XE computers. All the programs have been fully tested and are ready to type in using the error-checking utility, "The Automatic Proofreader."
Here's a sample of what's inside:
- A complete database management program that's easy to adapt to your individual needs;
- "Double Brickout," a fast-action paddle game;
- A short routine you can use in your programs which adds turtle-graphics-style commands to BASIC;
- A graphic adventure that combines the traditional use of keyboard commands with joystick movement and a graphics screen;
- "Atari Bibliography," an easy-to-use database to index all your computer magazine articles for quick retrieval; Utilities that change variable names and delete blocks of lines;
- Two graphics routines for creating displays you can save and use in your own programs.
As with all COMPUTE! books, the programs are ready to type in and use. Or, if you prefer, you can purchase a disk package which includes all the programs on disk, ready to load and run.
Atari owners know what to expect from COMPUTE! books — clear instructions and top-notch programs. COMPUTE!'s Atari Collection, Volume 2 meets those expectations, and more.