Buying software is a major investment, and as programs become more sophisticated and complex, you'll need all the help you can get to sift through the thousands of packages published every year. THE ADDISON-WESLEY BOOK OF ATARI SOFTWARE can give you that help. Providing more than just a listing of program titles and prices, it describes and evaluates almost 400 of the best and most popular software packages and gives, in a clear and easy-to-use format, all the information you'll need to make an intelligent buying decision.
Among all of the software buyer's guides available, this is the most thorough, comprehensive, and up-to-date. Written with you, the Atari 400,800, or XL series owner, in mind, it includes:
- precise ratings of software on a scale of 1 to 10 in key categories such as Overall Efficiency, Value for Your Money, Support Availability, Program Depth and Detail, and Video Design and Clarity
- listings of some of the best "free" public domain software and how to get it
- detailed reviews of the best and most useful software for word processing, education, entertainment, database management, professional practice, personal finance, and more
- checklists, work sheets, and comparison charts to help you evaluate and purchase the software that best fits your needs
- a glossary of key technical terms, jargon, and expressions you may encounter while shopping for software
- an appendix listing the addresses and phone numbers of major software publishers
To get the most out of your Atari home computer, you must have the best software. This book will be your indispensable guide in finding the software that's right for you. So, before you spend your hard-earned money on the basis of what a package or advertisement says, get an expert opinion. Get THE ADDISON-WESLEY BOOK OF ATARI SOFTWARE.